Glaucoma is a disorder which may potentially cause blindness. There are so many types of glaucoma, which differ greatly in terms of clinical signs or the method of treatment, that they are treated as distinct clinical entities. Glaucoma is a disease that can appear at each stage of life.
SPEKTRUM Glaucoma Center operating within the Center of Clinical Ophthalmology is a comprehensive diagnostic center and center of individual therapy, including pharmacological, laser or surgical treatment for all types of glaucoma.
We realize the aim of treating glaucoma which is:
TO MAINTAIN VISION OF THE PATIENT FOR ALL THEIR LIFE ON THE USUFUL LEVEL
- without decreasing life quality of the patient,
- ensuring that the patient understands the principles of effective treatment so that they can consciously:
- follow doctor’s instructions,
- participate in decision making on changes of therapy method if the chosen one does not allow for achieving such intraocular pressure that sufficiently delays the development of the disease,
- enabling them to systematically control the state of the disease, hence the results of treatment, with highly sensitive imaging methods,
- giving the sense of security based on the ability to understand and objectively control their disease.
PRINCIPLES OF GLAUCOMA TREATMENT AND PREVENTION
SPEKTRUM Glaucoma Center, the Center of Clinical Ophthalmology in Wrocław
THE PRINCIPLES OF GLAUCOMA TREATMENT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Initial assessment of the severity of the disease based on the comprehensive initial examination;
- Individually chosen therapy that has a minimal impact on the lifestyle of the patient;
- Verification of drugs effectiveness based on the level of intraocular pressure decrease;
- Verification of the disease progression delay based on systematic examinations 1-2 times a year of the optic nerve with HRT or OCT methods and field of vision;
- Reduction of the number of follow-up visits to 4 visits a year after stabilization of the disease has been confirmed;
- In the case of insufficient delay of the disease, discussion with patient on the necessity to introduce changes to the therapy, which should be understood and accepted by the patient;
- Concern for life quality and the sense of security of the patient, which they experience as a result of the ability to control the effects of the treatment with the best contemporary test methods, whose results are in the possession of our patients.
THE PRINCIPLES OF GLAUCOMA PREVENTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- detection of the risk for primary closed-angle glaucoma by the use of examination with OCT VISANTE,
- elimination of the threat by applying laser procedure.